|← The Notebook: Comparison of the Movie and the Book||Ethics in the Internet and ICT Profession →|
Buy custom Family Issues essay
What Am I Being Asked to Believe or Accept in This Article?
- The fact of three decades of changing values and norms regarding family life in the US between late 1950s and middle 1980s;
- General weakening of the normative imperative regarding marriage;
- Changes in family attitudes were the most striking between 1960s and 1970s, 1980s – general flattering of trends;
- Family changes parallel trends in socialization, religious, political and civil aspects.
Filling the Research Gap
There is plenty of research regarding family attitudes during 1960s and 1970s; the period of 1980s is still limited: this study fills in the literature gap;
- The main purpose of the article is the linkage of trends in family attitudes within the frames of a number of trends in social values.
- The final result of the study is various indicators regarding a lot of family issues.
Evidence to Support the Assertions - Based on
Data and Methods Used:
- GeneralSocial Survey
- Monitoring the Future
- Studying of American Families
General Social Survey
- Conducted since 1972;
- By National Opinion Research Center;
- Collection of information: through face-to-face personal interviews.
Monitoring the Future
- Conducted since 1976;
- By Survey Research Center of the University of Michigan;
- Collection of information: through self-administered questionnaires.
Studying of American Families
- Panel study of mothers and children;
- Conducted since 1961;
- Most of the respondents were interviewed in person, some of them by telephone and by mail.
Alternative Ways to Interpret the Evidence
Extent of the three studies:
- Sex Roles
- Premarital Sex
- Extramarital Sex
- Cohabitation without Marriage
Additional Evidence to Evaluate the Alternatives - Age, Gender and Family Interrelationships’ Breakdown, which Helped to Identify as Follows:
Earn 10% from all orders made by people you bring!
Your people also get 17% discount for their first order
- Data demonstrated impressive changes in family attitudes since 1960s;
- Changes in values and norms regarding marriage and divorce, childbearing and gender roles was dramatic in 1960s and 1970s;
- 1960s and 1970s – shift from political party identification to individual thinking.
This study is:
1. A remarkable trends’ convergence regarding the attitudes between a couple of family domains: connection of family behavior and attitudes.
2. A thought-provoking engine of social trends that are documented in the article.
3. A solid theoretical explanation of trends that prevents further thematically similar discussion.
Buy custom Family Issues essay
- Ethics in the Internet and ICT Profession
- The Notebook: Comparison of the Movie and the Book
- Effects of Groundhog Day Entrapment
Free Plagiarism report
Free Title page
- All Academic levels!
- Customer Support 24/7
- Live Chat 24/7
- Singlespacing/Double spacing Font size 12 pt Times New Roman 300+ words per page
- Qualified writers with PhD and MA degrees
- Direct communication with a personal writer
- Attractive system of discounts
- Modern and peer-reviewed sources
- Complete confidentiality
- Native English speaking writers